Re: Teemtalk 7.3 Install help (742 Views)
Visitor
eosepa
Message 1 of 11 (844 Views)

Teemtalk 7.3 Install help

I have been trying to Install HP TeemTalk 7.3 on a machine. I bought the software and have a .lic file but after I install the software it starts up in Demo mode. I put the .lic file in the same directory I am installing from but it does not seem to be reading it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Advisor
DaveTT
Message 2 of 11 (837 Views)

Re: Teemtalk 7.3 Install help

Did you get a key or a licence.txt when you bought the s/w?

Dave

Dave
------
I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Visitor
eosepa
Message 3 of 11 (835 Views)

I got a .lic file, I also tried naming it license.txt and license.lic. When I named it license.txt I get the below error.

The accompanying file, license.txt is not valid.
Installation cannot continue.
Please consult your TeemTalk distributor for further details.

Advisor
DaveTT
Message 4 of 11 (808 Views)

You may have to get back to your supplier - did you buy direct from HP?

Dave
------
I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Advisor
DaveTT
Message 5 of 11 (799 Views)

HP normally ship  a 3 page license agreement which includes a 21 digit key to enter.  It starts with:

HP TeemTalk

License Key Certificate

Retain this Certificate as proof of your Right to Use.

If you don't have that you need to check with your supplier.

Dave
------
Visitor
eosepa
Message 6 of 11 (769 Views)

I have the 21 digit License key. I just don't know how to get the software to recognize it. 

Advisor
DaveTT
Message 7 of 11 (764 Views)

It should ask for the key during the install

Dave
------
Advisor
DaveTT
Message 8 of 11 (756 Views)

Re: TeemTalk 7.3 Install help

I think I've figured out what is going on!

When TeemTalk 7 first runs it asks for a key, if you enter the a demo key it won't ask again until that key times out (30 days). If you have a purchased key you want to enter but have already entered a demo key the easiest thing is to change the date to a month in the future, start TeemTalk, it will ask for the key, enter your purchased key, exit TeemTalk and finally put the date back.

Although I've used TeemTalk a great deal I have never used a demo key so this was new to me.

Dave
------
Visitor
eosepa
Message 9 of 11 (749 Views)

I never entered a Demo key, We bought the software and I installed it and it never prompted for a key. I will try changing the date and see what happens.

Advisor
DaveTT
Message 10 of 11 (744 Views)

It is possible to configure an installer to enter a key without the user seeing.

Dave
------
Advisor
DaveTT
Message 11 of 11 (742 Views)

See http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Workstations-Thin-Clients/Migrating-TeemTalk-from-TeemTalk-2000-to-late... 

Dave
------
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.