Re: T5730w thinclient 5.1.810 rdp not save password (158 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mello_2
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

T5730w thinclient 5.1.810 rdp not save password

[ Edited ]

Hi

I tried to save rdp password connection and create an rdp file that the user can double click and connect without promt username and password request on server.
In t5730w with the 5.1.810.WES0 (English) image isn't possibile. In the rdp desktop connection option window appear the check "always ask for credential", but if check rdp save only the username. I tried to force the local policy (same for user and computer), "do not allow password to be saved" on disable, but nothing change. oh, i'm working in administrator mode obviously.
I tried to install HP XPe Add-On (Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection)for rdp 7, but nothing change! YOU CAN NOT SAVE PASSWORD!!
I called hp support, Microsoft support.....nothing.

The only solution i found was to downgrade to The 5.1.710.WES0 (English) image. The rdp allows to save password and ask for username and password at connection prompt.

Someone know the way to unlock this on the 5.1.810.WES0 image?

Thanks in advance

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Workstations - Thin Clients. - Hp Forum Moderator

Occasional Visitor
mello_2
Message 2 of 2 (158 Views)

Re: T5730w thinclient 5.1.810 rdp not save password

Ops....i find in the 5.1.810.WES0 image release note this:

- SAM has been removed from the image.

I think this is the cause.

How to re-enable SAM?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.