Re: T510 Thin Client PC With HP Zero OS (980 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ron Stevens_2
Message 1 of 3 (991 Views)

T510 Thin Client PC With HP Zero OS

Hi there,

I have a problem with this client. We have just upgraded to the most recent firmwares, but the problem remains;

When the monitors (two), go to sleep because of keyboard inactivity, and the user goes back to work, the second monitor doesnt come back on and we need to reboot the thin client pc.

We have replaced the cabled and changed monitors with other ones, but the problem remains.

Is there a solution for this? Can we change the time of when the monitors turn off on the zero clients?

Thanks a lot in advance

HP Pro
todd_thinclient
Message 2 of 3 (980 Views)

Re: T510 Thin Client PC With HP Zero OS

While i have not seen this specifc error before you can indeed adjust your screensave settings in one of two ways:

Use the smartclient services that generates a profile system and simply in the profile editor change the screen saver settings.

or

If you are not using the smart client services (SCS) then do the following:

1) click on the wrench icon change to administrator mode

2) password is root by default or depending on version of smartzero you may set your own password. 

3) Go to the wrench again once in admin mode and go to additional configuration

4) Go to advanced and x-terminal

5) Type regeditor and then simply change the settings for the screensaver by turning it off putting a 0 instead of a a 1 or changing timings if you simply want it to take a lot longer before going into it.

Please advise which version you are on as well.

I work at HP

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor
Knightstorm
Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: T510 Thin Client PC With HP Zero OS

I have a similar problem with the t510 and HP ThinPro OS, RDP connection to Windows 7. In our case, the second monitor is used to display one application window only, I can bring back the second monitor by minimizing and then maximizing the application window. The monitor seems to start displaying data as windows writes to the second monitor. If I do nothing, the second monitor starts displaying data as the screen changes, so data fields appear on the monitor as they are changed, and a line graph that is being displayed starts to reappear as additional data points are added to the line.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.