Re: T510 Thin Client Loses Network Connectivity (1691 Views)
Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 1 of 4 (2,180 Views)

T510 Thin Client Loses Network Connectivity

I have come across two T510's (WES7) domain joined devices where I can't seem to get an IP address.  An ipconfig shows a generic IP address of 169.254.139.48 and when I checked the DHCP Client Services, it was stopped but for some reason I can't get this started back up.  The error message I get is "Windows could not start the DHCP Client service on the Local Computer  Access Denied."  I'm logged in with the local admin account so don't know why I'm getting an access denied message.  I've checked other setting as well and all looks good.  I have already re-imaged one but kept the other around for troubleshooting purposes in the hopes that I can find a resolution. 

Occasional Advisor
ivsha9
Message 2 of 4 (2,140 Views)

Re: T510 Thin Client Loses Network Connectivity

I've had similar problem with t510. My device was losing default gateway after reboot.

Maybe my solution could help you -  uninstall network adapter and install it again. You can do it without rebooting (device manager->network adapters->Broadcomm->right click-uninstall->then scan for hardware changes and wait for adapter to be installed).

Too bad I've already cloned 90 devices with faulty image but at least it was easy to fix :)

Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 3 of 4 (2,062 Views)

Thanks, I'll try this the next time this issue rears it ugly head.

Occasional Visitor
Johndavid Metcalf
Message 4 of 4 (1,691 Views)

Dude, your solution worked first time! I was at an off-site installation of a T510 with no internet access and struggled for hours with this problem. i returned to my office, Googled this issue of the disappearing Gateway addr and found your solution. I tried it and it worked first time. This has just made my day, thanks a million! 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.