T410 Remote Shutdown/Reboot Using Command Line (1123 Views)
Occasional Contributor
HilcrRWise
Message 1 of 5 (1,123 Views)

T410 Remote Shutdown/Reboot Using Command Line

I know I can use Device Manager to remotely reboot/shutdown a t410 thin client however is it possible to do this using a command line from any windows computer?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RadekG
Message 2 of 5 (1,044 Views)

Re: T410 Remote Shutdown/Reboot Using Command Line

Hi,

You could connect from Your PC to ThinClient by ssh (use putty/kitty)

login with admin password

give command "shutdown -r 0"  =shutdown with restart wait 0 seconds

"shutdown -h 0"  =shutdown with halt/off wait 0 seconds

Best regards RadekG

Please use plain text.
Advisor
winskitech711
Message 3 of 5 (738 Views)

Radek, how did you gain access to the t410 via SSH? Whenever I try I get bounced and I've seen nothing in the documentation about enabling SSH.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
winskitech711
Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

Any update on SSHing into t410s? I still cannot get in nor install alternative SSH on the machine.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
insrq
Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)

I recently picked up a t410 to take advantage of the PoE power options and ran into this issue as well.  I get that the Smart Zero Client is meant as an "access device" that provides access to other services and isn't meant as a "server" to get into, and HP is promoting their central-management utilities to make overall management easier.  They also provide the VNC shadow so in theory you could VNC into the desktop and then get into an administrator mode, get to the X Terminal and then work from there, but that is a pain.  I like the central management tools, but there are some use cases where an SSH server is a real life-saver.  In my case I have a suite of automated tools which reach out to my HP thin clients running ThinPro (which has SSHD installed by default and can be easily enabled) to gather system information, perform remote reboots, etc.  I'd like to have my t410's be able to fit into that same infrastructure, so having an SSH server is a key part of that.

Having said that, I put together a blog post which outlines the steps necessary to put an SSH server on the t410 and then capture the OS image so it can be easily deployed in place of the default system image.  The details are on my blog at:

http://www.goziggy.com/2014/08/07/installing-ssh-server-on-hp-t410-smart-zero-thin-client/

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation