Restore OS on st5742 (408 Views)
Occasional Collector
EFisher506
Message 1 of 2 (408 Views)

Restore OS on st5742

This is something of a two part inquiry.

Recently, we purchased a st5742 model thin client, but when we tried to push our preconfigured image to the device, we received the error stating that the system does not have a license for the OS. So, we downloaded the most up to date version of the OS for the t5740 device and we were able to push it to to st5742.

After doing so, we made changes to the OS, but realized it was not going to work properly. When we attempted to flash the st5742 device again, with the same exact USB drive, with the same exact OS load, we received the licensing error again.

Is there a workaround for this error?

If not, is there a way to restore the default OS to the device?

I have scoured the HP site and have been unable to locate a specifically compatible version of XP Embedded or Windows Embedded 2009 for the st5742 device.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Rong
Message 2 of 2 (403 Views)

Re: Restore OS on st5742

I believe this model of TC is for streaming TC with no flash, no OS and no license COA or bit is program on the TC.  HP image will check for the license bit in th bios and check for it. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation