Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client (238 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Winston_Smith
Message 1 of 2 (238 Views)
Accepted Solution

Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client

Greetings,

I was hoping to employ a T610 thin client as a remote display for a legacy system but have run into a wall.  Every time the application tries to send a display to the thin client, the display fails to open and the system crashes.

I've replicated the problem in my own terminal window:

>export DISPLAY={IP_ADDRESS_HERE]:0

>nedit

This results in the message : "Cannot Open Display"

I am able to SSH from the T610 to my server and if I forward the X display (ssh -X), I have no problem, so I'm currently thinking that its a port being blocked on the thin client. That being said, I can find no way to unblock the port (6000?) or find a menu item that allows the thin client to accept remote X applications.

Here is the information on my T610:

OS Level: T6X43202

BIOS: K30 V 01.06

Does anyone have a suggestion on what might be blocking the display? I've been through the T610 documentation and have yet to find resolution.

Thanks You.

Occasional Visitor
Winston_Smith
Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)

Re: Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client

Resolved the issue. The HP layer of initialization scripts for the X server was invoking the '-nolisten tcp' flag.  Removing the flag and rebooting the thin client fixed the problem.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.