Modifying Citrix Receiver config files on t410 (527 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Harkernator
Message 1 of 1 (527 Views)

Modifying Citrix Receiver config files on t410

Hi,

I am trying to get a webcam to work with Citrix XenDesktop via a HP t410 running smart zero core
Webcam support works brilliantly from a Windows PC, but whilst t works on the thin client it brings the whole unit to a crawl and video is jerky.

I am wondering if disabling HDX Realtime Webcam will improve performance (by removing the need for the thin client to compress the video stream). This is done by modifying some config files. I need to modify either module.ini or wfclient.ini and USB.conf. However I modify the files and connect to the server and Citrix HDX webcam is still in use. I return to the config files and find that the changes I made have been removed.

I have tried modifying:

/writable/home/user/.ICAClient/USB.conf
/writable/home/user/.ICAClient/wfclient.ini
/usr/lib/ICAClient/USB.conf
/usr/lib/ICAClient/config/module.ini

I have tried capturing these files and deploying them with Smart Zero services (which does work because the files appear automatically, but they still get overwritten when you connect)

Instead of keeping stabbing in the dark, I thought someone might be able to tell me what I'm missing.

Regards

Dan
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.