Re: Migrating TeemTalk from TeemTalk 2000 to latest version: License does not work (268 Views)
Occasional Visitor
DMS_Deploy
Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Migrating TeemTalk from TeemTalk 2000 to latest version: License does not work

I have a TeemTalk license (21 digit beginning with "1") and it was installed on the TeemTalk2000 software. I want to upgrade the software to 7.3.4 but the license key entry will not accept the number zero.

What do I do now?

I would stay at teemtalk 2000 but since we've migrated to a Windows 2008 R2 platform, I cannot create keyboard macros for another user. They can open the application and it connects to the telnet server but it loses the keyboard macros. On the old platform I could create the telnet session, save it (as a *.TEC file) and then open it again to load the keyboard macros. Then save it again and my user can use with the macros intact.

I do the same thing with TeemTalk 2000 on the new platform but my user then tries the link and it gives a pop-up "missing session definition." The session does not exist or has been deleted. Do you want to recreate the session?"

So...

Either I need instructions on how to use TeemTalk 2000 in Windows 2008 Server R2 or how do I use the existing license when the license screen does not accept "0" (zeros)?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DaveTT
Message 2 of 2 (268 Views)

Re: Migrating TeemTalk from TeemTalk 2000 to latest version: License does not work

You could ask HP for a TeemTalk 7 license, I don't know what your original contract was, it might allow for a free upgrade but probably not - 2000 was a long time ago!

I believe teemtalk.2000 stored all its settings (including keyboard macros) in the registry, you could maybe copy the keys / hives if you are feeling brave.

Obviously messing with the registry can cause major problems so you should only attempt it if you are familiar with registry editing and have suitable backups.

The macros are in a  hive

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.....\TeemTalk.2000\Profiles\SESSION-NAME\Macros\key

You could regedit & export the "key" hive, edit it to change the SESSION-NAME to NEW-SESSION where NEW-SESSION is the previously saved session that you want to import the key macros into and then run the .reg file to import the keys into the new session.

I'd recommend updating to TeemTalk 7 - even buying a version could be a lot cheaper in the long run than damaging your registry!!!

TeemTalk 7 will import macros between sessions by clicking the "Import" button in the macro dialog - much easier & much safer :-)

Dave
------
I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation