Migrate PostgreSQL Databse - HPDM (From another server) (302 Views)
Occasional Visitor
GGBce
Message 1 of 1 (302 Views)

Migrate PostgreSQL Databse - HPDM (From another server)

Hi,

I need to reinstall HP Device Manager 4.4.3A, but on a new server... and I don't want to loose my configuration.

I tried to use the option "Migrate HP Device Manager database to new location" with PostgreSQL DB, but I'm unable to import data ! I get a error after few minutes telling me that I cannot contact the database server.

I searched in the KB, Google, etc. but I didn't found something to help me.

How can I migrate/import/move PostgreSQL DB for HPDM from one server to another one ?

----------------

Which tests I tried:

1- I tried to map a network drive to the original server but the the drive letters for network shares are not visible in the installer. Fail !

2- I tried to create a substitute drive (SUBST) of my network drive to create a virtual drive... but agin this virtual drive is not visible during the setup installer. Fail !

3- I tried to force the network path and subst path (Ex.: \\oldsrv\c$\..\HP\HP Device Manager\, X:\HP Device Manager, etc.) but it's not working again... Fail !

4- I tried to copy entire folder from the original server to a temp location on my new server, it's not working because the PostgreSQL engine is not running... Fail !

5- I can see in MS-SQL version that we can provide a network location (servername, port, username and password). Why this option is not available with PostgreSQL ? This DB engine support network request... I should use this method also ! It's possible to convert PostgreSQL DB to MS-SQL DB (import) ? It could be a solution to move my data.

Let me known every possibilities that could work in a situation where I need to migrate from another physical machine.

Regards,

GGBce

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.