HPDM - after deploying captured image, Administrator no longer has admin rights? (197 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)

HPDM - after deploying captured image, Administrator no longer has admin rights?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm really hoping someone has a solution to this, as it's been frustrating me for over a week.

I've installed the latest base image from HPs website via USB stick onto a thin client (T5740E, WES7).  I've then used HPDM (4.6) to capture that image, as a baseline for the "fleet" of T5740E's we have across the organisation.

The issue is, once I deploy that image to other thin clients via HPDM - the Administrator account appears to lose their admin rights and cannot access the C drive, nor see any of the HP utilities in the Control Panel (i.e. for adjusting the RAMdrive etc).  Does anyone have any idea what is going on here and how I could fix it?

For the record, this same process on a T510 (also running WES7) has the same issue, but it works fine on a T5740 running WES2009, so this appears to be a WES7 problem.

Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: HPDM - after deploying captured image, Administrator no longer has admin rights?

[ Edited ]

OK, I've tried a different approach - loading the IBR files from the USB (THINSTATE) drive into HPDM and deploying them from there seems to work, the administrator user retains their admin rights over the thin client.

Bit unclear why this used to work, but now doesn't.

HP Pro
Message 3 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: HPDM - after deploying captured image, Administrator no longer has admin rights?

After installing a new WES7 image, there is no admin profile by default. The admin profile will not be created until you have logged in with administrator and committed the WF.

So if you're using HPDM to capture/deploy image, please make sure the admin profile has been created.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
*** Please click on the KUDOS star on the left if you like the answer***
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.