Re: HPDM - Imaging assistance (1572 Views)
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 1 of 11 (1,626 Views)

HPDM - Imaging assistance

Hi all,

I've just installed HPDM 4.4.3610 for the purpose of managing 300+ Thin clients. I can discover clients and pull device information. However the main thing I need this software for is to pull images and deploy them. I've created my repository and FTP server as per the manual however when I'm trying to pull images off my test clients I have the below errors:

2012-10-17 13:39:43 Successfully sent task to the Device Management Gateway
2012-10-17 13:39:45 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2012-10-17 13:41:48 Fail to execute PullImage task.
2012-10-17 13:41:48 ErrorCode: 14031022, Error Detail: Failed to download file(s).
2012-10-17 13:41:48 Fail to execute common task.
2012-10-17 13:41:48 ErrorCode: 14031022, Error Detail: Failed to download file(s).

The 'test' option under ftp and repository management comes back fine.

I can connect to the FTP from the thin clients themselves.

Any suggestions/assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 11 (1,619 Views)

Re: HPDM - Imaging assistance

Can you please provide a little more information on your setup? What are you using for FTP? Which protocol (ftp, sftp or ftps)? What model thin clients and which operating system (and version)? Did you upgrade from a previous version of HPDM or is this a new installation? 

One place you may want to look for clues is the log files on the device.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 3 of 11 (1,618 Views)

Also - Just as I'm trying to find a work around quickly.. I used to built in HP Easy Tools on my T510 to Capture the image to FTP which completed fine yet I can't see where the image has gone. Ive searched through the images directory on the FTP and don't see it. What is the default location images captured to FTP go?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 4 of 11 (1,617 Views)

Hi Dean, thanks for your reply.

FTP is the standard (provided with the hpdm install?) I have it set to standard FTP protocol however will test with SFTP now. I've tested with a t5740e Wes7 and a T510 also Wes7. New HP DM install.
I'll check the logs on the device and come back to you shortly.
Many Thanks
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 5 of 11 (1,609 Views)

For WES devices, the most current version of HPDM (4.4.3), now adds support for file based imaging (instead of the previous disk based imaging). For this this to work, you must also configure a Share Folder Repository. This is done in configuration managent. First create a Wndows share with full permissions to a Windows user account for the repository access. Then go into Configuration Management and create a Share Folder Repository to the Share folder linking it to the ftp repository.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 6 of 11 (1,607 Views)

I sent the image template to the device while keeping an eye on the device itself. A pop up comes up  from the  HP DM Agent warning that the administrator has changed some of the settings. The system will reboot in 30 seconds. Continue?

I click OK, how ever the terminal doesnt reboot and the process fails.

Something which may be of interest in the event log is that the HHCTRL can not be found or installation is corrupt. Not sure if this is revelvant?

Thanks for the above reply, I'll try that.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 7 of 11 (1,605 Views)

Thanks Dean.
I've created the windows share and given a user account Full access. You've lost me at the next step though. So I'm creating a new repository which links to a my shared directory.. I can't see how to link it to a shared directory..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 8 of 11 (1,603 Views)

[ Edited ]

Also just to add to this - I've Tried imaging a T5630z now which runs an XP image. I sent th eclone template to it, similar message regarding the machine rebooting in 15 seconds would you like to proceed. I click YES and nothing happens.

The task fails, _similar_ message to the other terminals.. This older model is referring to the port as you can see.:

2012-10-17 16:34:15 Successfully sent task to the Device Management Gateway
2012-10-17 16:34:19 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.
2012-10-17 16:39:00 Fail to execute PullImage task.
2012-10-17 16:39:00 ErrorCode: 14020622, Error Detail: Set port error
2012-10-17 16:39:00 Fail to execute common task.
2012-10-17 16:39:00 ErrorCode: 14020622, Error Detail: Set port error

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 9 of 11 (1,589 Views)

To create the Share Folder Repository:

1.  Create Widows Shared Folder in desired location with full rights to desired credentials.
  2.  From HPDM Console, click Tools menu and selecte Configuration...
  3.  In the left pane (tree), select Share Folder Repositories.
  4. Under Share Folder Repositories, click Add... then select the desired FTP repository in which to bind. Click OK.
  5. With the new Share Folder Repository selected, input the Share folder configuration info on the left (IP, username, password, path), then click Test.

If everything set right then you should be prompted to upload the imaging tools. Once that is done, you should be set.

On the FTP side, witch FTP service are you using? IIS, FileZilla, Something else ?

IIS is a bit of a pain to set up to go through both the firewalls on the Server and the thin clients. A dynamic port range must be configured is IIS and then rules set in the Firewall.

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 10 of 11 (1,576 Views)

Which version of HPDM are you referring to Dean? I don't have the options you mentioned in step 3.. In the left pane (tree), select Share Folder Repositories.

I'm running FTP through IIS, think I'll have to try FileZIlla as this is becoming a huge headache :(

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 11 of 11 (1,572 Views)

And that has done it, disabled my IIS FTP and installed file zilla and pretty much straight of the bat it's pulling an image off the terminal. Fillazilla is the winner.

Dean, thanks so much for your time and effort.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation