02-06-2013 03:00 AM
Hi All - I am pushing a simple Admin PW change task to all my (production) units - On a small test bed of 5, all 5 required the admin password entered locally on first boot.
All machines are fully write protected.
This is what happens on screen upon first boot
There are ~ 200 units - so I either need to remove this step or automate it - Any pro tips?
02-08-2013 12:47 PM - edited 02-08-2013 01:00 PM
Can you supply version of HPDM being used and also Which thin client OS and version?
If WES 2009 or WES 7, does the password being sent meet the the complexity requirements?
- The password does not contain three or more characters from the user's account name.
- The password is at least six characters long.
- The password contains characters from at least three of the following five categories:
- English uppercase characters (A - Z)
- English lowercase characters (a - z)
- Base 10 digits (0 - 9)
- Non-alphanumeric (For example: !, $, #, or %)
- Unicode characters
02-11-2013 06:01 AM - edited 02-11-2013 06:02 AM
Device Type HP t510 Thin Client Device Version 6.1.7601.252 (English)
OS Type HP WES/XPe
HPDM Version 4.4.3610.13987
Password without a doubt meets the requirements.