Re: HPDM 4.5. after clone image task template greyed out, why? (770 Views)
Occasional Contributor
DigitalHero08
Message 1 of 5 (925 Views)

HPDM 4.5. after clone image task template greyed out, why?

I installed a fresh image on a T610 thin client wes7. I updated the agent and I cloned the image through right mouse click send task and choose imaging and _capture image. Al went good. I have a good image. But When I want to deploy it to another thinclient i choose Task Templete and the strange thing is that my newly created template is greyed out.

Why is this?

With regards.

Mark

Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 5 (903 Views)

Re: HPDM 4.5. after clone image task template greyed out, why?

It may take some time after the actual image capture for the Master repository controller to prepare the update image template. This can vary based on the size of the image file itself.

Also, are you running the Console while logged on as the local administrator or as another user (local or domain)? There is a know issue with the UAC that can prevent import of files when not the local administrator. This can be worked around by editing the properties of the HPDM shortcut (Compatibility tab), and check the option to run as administrator. This issue will be resolved with SP2.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Occasional Contributor
DigitalHero08
Message 3 of 5 (897 Views)

We are running the HPDM als domainadministrator. I think there is no run as administrator under the shortcut on the TAB Compatability...

We are testing it right now with the run as and the we unchecked the checkbox with run the program with restricted access. Do you know when SP2 will be available?

With regards..

Mark

Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 4 of 5 (773 Views)

I get the same thing and it's been days, yet the task template is still greyed out.  Is there a way to manually delete these files?

Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 5 of 5 (770 Views)

I just re-installed SP2 rev A and low and behold, I'm now able to delete the greyed out templates. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.