Re: HPDM 4.4: FTP Error 14031012 (failed to login) (1312 Views)
Occasional Contributor
SiMonster
Message 1 of 5 (1,646 Views)

HPDM 4.4: FTP Error 14031012 (failed to login)

Hello Community

I have a problem with my FTP repository and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Situation: Management Server with HPDM 4.4.3610.13987 and Filezilla installed. Anonymous login is enabled on the shared folder.

Problem: When I try to copy a file to the Thin Client (t5570e) I generates an Error Message 14031012 (failed to login)

• Repository-Test says, that everything is configured correctly.
  • I tried with anonymous and specified user (full control on FTP folder)
  • Also tried to copy from Thin Client > Repository - same error

What am I doing wrong? :(

Cheers from Switzerland,

Simon

Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 5 (1,636 Views)

Re: HPDM 4.4: FTP Error 14031012 (failed to login)

My guess would be that the Windows Firewall might be blocking the remote connections on the FTP ports. The "test" in the repository conguration dialog would pass in this case as the connect is from same machine (I'm assuming ftp repository on same machine as console). A quick test would be to temporarily disable it and try the transfer.

If using just straight ftp you will need to configure the ftp service with a passive port range and make sure that range is open in the windows firewall along with the control port 21. If configuring for ftps, disable stateful ftp on the firewall and punch holes for port 990 or just add a rule to allow filezilla to open the ports it needs.

--Dean

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Occasional Contributor
SiMonster
Message 3 of 5 (1,624 Views)

Hello Dean

Thank you for your answer. I completely switched off the Windows firewall on the client - I still receive the same error message though... :/

Cheers,

Simon

Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 4 of 5 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]

I meant to test by disabling the Windows Firewall on the server (specifically the one with the ftp server), not the firewall on the thin client. The thin client should already have the necessary rules for management by HPDM.

For your reference please find below the code for a cmd script (run as Admin), to open up the needed ports for HPDM. This was written for IIS as the ftp server (pasv port range set to 49152-65535),  but should be adaptable for Filezilla ( might even just work if pasv port range set the same).

REM Script to create rules needed By HPDM v4.5 SP1 to work through Widows Advanced Firewall.
REM Rule for HPDM Console Component netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Console TCP" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=5500,40004
REM Rule for HPDM Server Component netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Server TCP" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=1099,40002,40005,40006,40009
REM Rules for HPDM Gateway Component netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Gateway UDP" action=allow protocol=UDP dir=in localport=67,69,4011,40000 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Gateway TCP" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=40003,40008
REM Rules for HPDM Repository Components netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Repository UDP" action=allow protocol=UDP dir=in localport=137,138 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="HPDM Repository TCP" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=20,21,22,139,445,989,990,40012,49152-65535 netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="FTP Service" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in service=ftpsvc netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFTP disable

I hope this helps.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Frequent Visitor
GardnerW6L3
Message 5 of 5 (1,312 Views)

Hi, I've got the same issue. Yet firewall is disabled on all machines.

I've even got to the point if giving everyone write rights to the FTP site.

I'm running T510 Thin clients.

Upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 and got this issue.

Was working before.

2 subnets, gateway in each subnet.

HPDM is able to sync images and files to all gateways fine.

All gateways detect thinclients fine.

Able to send tasks like update agent, shadow and configure the thinclients fine.

Just not able to catpure image, but able to deploy fine.

Note, using non-PXE.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.