Re: HPDM 4.4.3 Gateway installed on Windows Deployment Server (WDS) (293 Views)
Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 1 of 5 (405 Views)

HPDM 4.4.3 Gateway installed on Windows Deployment Server (WDS)

I installed the HPDM-Gateway on a WDS server and it pretty much stopped WDS from working.  To ensure this wasn't a fluke, I built another test Windows 2008 test sever, setup WDS, and was able to successfully PXE boot in and get to the MDT menu.  Once I installed the HPDM-Gateway however, it basically killed WDS as I'm no  longer able to successfully PXE boot into the server.

In my attempt to fix this issue I uninstalled HPDM and searched and deleted all registry keys that referenced HPDM but to no avail.  I noticed that the WDS Server Service wasn't started but my attempts to get it started manually was met by an error.  Everything worked perfectly until HPDM-Gateway was installed and was hoping someone encountered this same situation before and has a fix.

Frequent Advisor
Evans Conforti
Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

Re: HPDM 4.4.3 Gateway installed on Windows Deployment Server (WDS)

Sounds about right, as HPDM uses PXE and will conflict with WDS as it also is a PXE. Look for some HPDM pxe services that might be installed.

Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 3 of 5 (344 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  There's was an HPDM PXE Service but this was disabled because it was conflicting with our DHCP server which resided on the same server.  Looks like our effort to consolidate servers isn't going to work as well as we hoped.

Frequent Advisor
Jweinberg
Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]

Glad I saw this, we were planning on doing this exact same idea in our organization.

Edit: Did you also try turning PXE off in the HPDM Gateway software? Not just turning off the service?

Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)

Yes, I tried turning this off in the HPDM Gateway settings but to no avail. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.