HPDM 4.4.3 Gateway and DHCP Server (380 Views)
Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 1 of 1 (380 Views)

HPDM 4.4.3 Gateway and DHCP Server

We are in the process of setting up a new office and installed the HDPM Gateway on our file and print server.  The server team then decided that this server was going to be used as a DHCP server.  When I originally installed the HPDM Gateway, I chose "NO" to the option where it asks if a DHPC server was located on the same machine.  Anyway, to make a long story short,  DHCP stopped working until they stopped the "HP Device Management PXE Service" as they were getting the error message below. 

DHCP Server is unable to bind to UDP port number 67 as it is used by another application. This port must be made available to DHCP Server to start servicing the clients.

We already use PXE for our WDS/MDT environment and not really looking to use the PXE service and I'm being told that this isn't a requirement for imaging via Device Manager.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I've attached the HPDM documentation that references this but not sure if:

a.  This needs to be done in order to use HPDM correctly.

b.  If I chose the wrong option at install where it asks if HPDM was going to be on the same server as DHCP, if that     matters much?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.