Re: HP t5335z Smart / Thin / Zero Client - prompts for reboot due to hostname after DHCP update (792 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Tony-CCS
Message 1 of 5 (1,075 Views)

HP t5335z Smart / Thin / Zero Client - prompts for reboot due to hostname after DHCP update

Hello,

We've encounterd some issues with the T5335Z after updating the firmware to : Z5D43203 Rev. 1 from 6 Jun 2013

installed via USB as per: (HTML removed due to forum rejecting - updated via HP website)

Since firmware update we've noticed the following:

During post you see: "init: hostname main process (151) terminated with status 1" (no big deal)

After device at login prompt, unprompted popup

"The Client hostname has been updated by the DHCP server. The system must now restart for this change to take affect"

This then has a countdown progress bar, prompting to reboot. (It doesn't recurr if user clicks to ignore)

This is a bit of an issue, as clients are likely to report this as a fault / blame any non-related issues on this prompt.

We had to update the firmware in order to get access to the admin / certificate manager, in order to update a root certificate that changed in 2010 (I'm assuming the Debian / Ubuntu image the TC is based off pre-dates this) to allow the TC to connect to our Citrix servers.

We've tried:
resetting to factory defaults
tested on multiple LANs (we're a managed service provider, with multiple clients using TC's)
changing the hostname
unlocking the filesystem & checking the host and hostnames files for discrepancies

DHCP is being provided by Cisco routers in this instance.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Tony

Occasional Contributor
Tony-CCS
Message 2 of 5 (1,035 Views)

Re: HP t5335z Smart / Thin / Zero Client - prompts for reboot due to hostname after DHCP update

Has anyone seen similar?  

We have a persistant error on startup - less than ideal & doesn't look good when deployed - any help appreciated.

Occasional Visitor
sartin07
Message 3 of 5 (792 Views)

Re: HP t5335z Smart / Thin / Zero Client - prompts for reboot due to hostname after DHCP update

I am also having this problem.  No resolutions? 

Occasional Visitor
akleier
Message 4 of 5 (648 Views)

I am also having this issue.  Has anyone heard from HP Support?

HP Pro
prasarag
Message 5 of 5 (568 Views)

i could find the exact path for this error, however you can try updating the image version on thinclient

Please click on the link to download the latest image.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4295872&sp...

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.