HP T610 won't boot with fiber NICs installed (374 Views)
Occasional Visitor
nbrockman06
Message 1 of 1 (374 Views)

HP T610 won't boot with fiber NICs installed

We recently recieved our brand new HP T610 thin clients, with StarTech 1000Mbps Fiber NIC's seperate. We installed the fiber NIC's in the available PCI-Express slot and attempted to power on the systems. The system never boots to the HP ThinPro OS, instead it hangs on the HP logo and doesnt allow any keyboard input or anything with the cards installed. If the cards aren't installed they boot to the ThinPro OS without any issue.

While researching this issue, I have noticed that under the spec sheets http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14254_div/14254_div.HTML that only these cards are listed.

Allied Telesis PCIe x1 Fast Ethernet Fiber Network Interface Card AT-2711FX Allied Telesis PCIe x1 Gigabit Fiber Network Interface Card AT-2972SX

We had assumed any PCI-E card would be compatible but this led us to believe maybe that isn't the case. I'm new to thin clients so I may be missing something obvious, any support is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation