Re: HP T410 Zero Client Dual Monitor Problem with HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (2582 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (2,779 Views)

HP T410 Zero Client Dual Monitor Problem with HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

I'm testing a few HP T410's with dual monitors using HP's DisplayPort to VGA adapter (AS615AT). I'm running in to a problem where when the client goes to sleep the monitor on the DisplayPort does not come back online unless you unplug the adapter and plug it back in. I also noticed that when powering on the T410, the client defaults to the VGA port only and the DisplayPort monitor would be offline. Each time I boot up the T410 I have to unplug the monitor connected to the VGA port, wait for the client to come up on the DisplayPort montor and then plug iback in the VGA monitor. Anyone with T410's with dual monitors?

I was told that I could disable the runtime power management in the T410 by pressing F10 to access the BIOS. I can't seem to get any sort of BIOS menu with F10.

Thanks,

Even

HP Pro
Message 2 of 7 (2,742 Views)

Re: HP T410 Zero Client Dual Monitor Problem with HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

Check HP Quickspec and did not find DP to VGA on the support list
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (2,713 Views)

I have a t610 set up with dual monitors like this, and while booting up the VGA monitor is the only one active, but once Windows boots up, the DP monitor comes up (or maybe it is the other way around). I am new to this, so haven't begun to get into the bios yet... but this may be a difference in the models or OS?

Regular Visitor
Message 4 of 7 (2,657 Views)

Have you tried other DisplayPort adapters? I tried to use a DisplayPort to VGA adapters to get multiple screen on some dc7900 USDT, but that was not working very well.

On these computers i only wanted to have two identical screens (screen and projector), so i solved it with a VGA splitter, but on other computers i have used DisplayPort to DVI adapters with no problems.

Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 7 (2,582 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I read this article , because I have closer problem with t410 RFX/HDX ( H2W23AA ).

In my case  we use third party monitor with VGA connector.

T410 CANNOT read his connected Display Data Channel info. At this point, t410 boot to SVGA resolution OR to BLACK Screen!

I tried to set many times video profiles , different from default.

I don't have any successful change to manual video resolution !!!

If it boots 10 times with manual resolution config - the next time are SVGA !

Result - your are never sure wich t410 to wich video resolution will boot, or will they have any image diplayed.

Funny !

The final my idea was to use DP to VGA adapter :(

Good luck guys!

Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 7 (1,481 Views)

I have been fighting this for 2 weeks and was unable to get any help from HP. I finally swapped out the monitor on the DisplayPort side with one the had a DisplayPort on the monitor so I wasn't using an adapter and it works fine. HP should specify on their tech sheet that it isn't compatible with DisplayPort to VGA adapters.

Occasional Advisor
Message 7 of 7 (1,451 Views)

I have found the DisplayPort to VGA adapters in conjuction with using the built-in VGA doesn't seem to work.  You have to have a DisplayPort to DVI adapter in order to get the dual output from what I have seen to get a goold solid dual monitor setup.  Whenever I try to use a monitor hooked directly to the VGA and the seconarday monitory hooked up with a DisplayPort to VGA adapter I either can't get it to work at all or like you originally described you are always having to unplug the DisplayPort adapter.  I've not had the same issues when using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.