Re: HP Device Manager 4.5 template sequence status transferring (1925 Views)
Visitor
acdcs-ck
Message 1 of 8 (1,984 Views)

HP Device Manager 4.5 template sequence status transferring

When I try to make new templates in HPDM 4.5, any template I create is greyed out and status reads "Transferring" indefinately. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application twice now, and the same thing keeps happening. I double-click _Template Sequence, add a premade _Set password to it and hit Save as.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 8 (1,961 Views)

Re: HP Device Manager 4.5 template sequence status transferring

Did you recently upgrade from a previous version? Are you attempting to use a template created in the previous version in your template sequence? There is a whitepaper on template migration available on ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/hpdm/Documentation/ that can assist. Please let us know here if this helps you to resolve or if you need further assistance.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Occasional Advisor
J van der Linden
Message 3 of 8 (1,925 Views)

I've done a fresh install, so no old templates, and any sequence I make stays in the transferring state as well.

Visitor
acdcs-ck
Message 4 of 8 (1,880 Views)

Same here. Clean install, just trying to use included templates.

I'm forced to use HPDM 4.4 for the time being, and if future updates are anything like 4.5, I can't imagine updating any time soon. Really disappointed in this product.

HP Pro
Andrew_S
Message 5 of 8 (1,869 Views)

Hi Guys,

Looks to me to be a UAC issue. I have managed to replicate the issue but creating an account, making it a member of the local Administrators group and running the HPDM console. Straight away I see the issue.

If I run the Console with "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the HPDM Console Icon, all is good.

Please test and your environment and report back.

Currently I know of no way to remove the "Transferring" jobs. If I find one, I will report back.

Regards

I work for HP.

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
ETL
Occasional Visitor
ETL
Message 6 of 8 (1,735 Views)

I get the same thing - if I run as Administrator it works.

Don't know why that is but would be good to have this fixed!

ETL
Occasional Visitor
ETL
Message 7 of 8 (1,733 Views)

Anyone found a way to get rid of those stuck template sequences?

HP Pro
Andrew_S
Message 8 of 8 (1,728 Views)

Hi.

First step is to upgrade to V4.5 SP1 which has been released. This allows you to delete jobs like this. V4.5 did not present an options to delete jobs.

Second step. Launch the console by right click and "Run as Administrator". I am sure there is work underway to fix this but for the time being, run as Administrator.

Regards

Andrew S.

I work for HP.

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.