HP Device Manager 4.1 - FTP errors (4922 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HaRRo
Message 1 of 7 (4,922 Views)

HP Device Manager 4.1 - FTP errors

Hello All,

I have been experiencing the following error randomly when Client devices are imaging via the HPDM. I have some tasks that copy files from to the thin client device, but it seems randomly this is failing.. with the following error shown in HPDM 

Failed to execute filecopy task

ErrorCode: 14031012, Error Detail; failed to login.

FTP access to the local repository is anonymous, and this issue seems to be random. So to resolve it, you will basically reboot the device and reapply the image sequence. 

Any ideas? see attachment of error details

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 2 of 7 (4,908 Views)

Re: HP Device Manager 4.1 - FTP errors

Does it work all the time if you provide a real logon instead of an anonymous account?
Which ftp Server are you using?
Btw. HP DM 4.2.2 is available to download on the HP Thin Client Support Website.
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jacsc
Message 3 of 7 (3,671 Views)

I'm am currently trying to use FTPS for a secure connection. The setup in IIS appears to be fine. However, when I use the wizard to connect to the new respository created, I get the following error, "Failure connecting to FTP server. Do you still want to save the profile." Any insignt is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AdamB
Message 4 of 7 (3,349 Views)

Did you ever fix this FTPS issue? I'm having the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AdamB
Message 5 of 7 (3,340 Views)

I fixed it by using FileZilla instead of Win2K8 R2 SFTP. I think something might be broken in the protocol implementation on one side or the other, but FileZilla works.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Davenport
Message 6 of 7 (1,514 Views)

I am using Device Manager 4.4.3610.13987.  I am trying to setup the FTP Repository and I keep getting Failure to connect to FTP server.  I am using FTP port 21 and I opened the port on the server.  I have everything on the same server. I am using MS FTP on a Windows 2008 R2 server.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Davenport
Message 7 of 7 (1,466 Views)

I found the answer.  IIS has to be configured with the FTP Site and then bound to port 21.  That was very difficult to find.  I don't know why it is not referenced in the 4.4 documents.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation