Re: Error aplying imaging tool to a t610 (1998 Views)
Occasional Visitor
INFFUENG
Message 1 of 7 (2,272 Views)

Error aplying imaging tool to a t610

Hi, we already have around 60-70 thin clients on our town hall, so far, we've been using the same imaging tool from HP (Version 6.10.2009.0609)  to set them up the same way and keep using them as we replace PC's.

The problem started with a new package of t610 from 2012 that we just got, i receive this message after booting the Usb with the imaging tool and accepting it to run the program:

"Initializing...***ERROR*** The sistem does not have license for the image OS!"

And then, stops the whole proccess. I have a wild guess that it could be about a newer version of the embedded XP on it, but when i check i don't get to see what version it is. The only information that gives back is that is an embedded Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 2 of 7 (2,099 Views)

Re: Error aplying imaging tool to a t610

I also got the same error today. I cann't install the latest OS image version 6.1.7601.279 on the HP T610..

Same error: "Initializing...***ERROR*** The sistem does not have license for the image OS!"

I did upgrade the bios with the latest version.. Is that the problem???

@INFFUENG: Did you found a solution?

Thanx

Occasional Visitor
INFFUENG
Message 3 of 7 (2,053 Views)

Hi Steve,

I didn't find a solution to fix it but i found out what the problem was. It seems the original image was made over an HP T5730, which it seems not to be compatible neither forward or backwards.

You should check if the image was made on another HP T610 cause that would be the cause. The "license error" stands obviously for a different version of the hardware or the Windows embedded in that thinclient.

Now that i assumed that i'm onto a different "enterprise" which is connecting the t610 to our Citrix Presentation server 4.5 but, so far, i've been unable to make it detect our Citrix farm like our "old" T5730 automatically do.

Good luck!
Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 4 of 7 (2,051 Views)

Last week i opened a case with HP because of this issue.. The made me check the following entries in the Bios:

IMG_BuildID BID=12WWPLCE301#SABB#DABB

IMG_FeatureByte FeatureByte

These settings or similar entries need to be in the bios, depends on the continent you reside: Europe, Asia etc..

These settings were not in the Bios, so i had to send the thin clients to HP, to be repaired

Online i could monitor the call, and saw that they replace the motherboard on one thin client, and on the ohter one a software update(That was the desciption)

Ik will get the thin clients back today, will check the bios to see if i see the settings i mentioned, and will ask HP what they mean by software update..

Keep you posted..

HP Pro
Rong
Message 5 of 7 (2,005 Views)

Thre are multiple models/images preintall on T610.
WES 09, WES 7, Thin Pro and Smart Client.

You might need to download the WES 09 version.
the latest image should be build 983.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 6 of 7 (1,998 Views)

Yep, you're right Rong.. At first i tried the "Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7E (32-bit)" Image

But it was the "Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7P (32-bit)" image that worked for me..

I still don't know what the diffrence is between de E and the P image

Thanx

HP Pro
Rong
Message 7 of 7 (1,980 Views)

I believe WES 7 E is for Enterprise and WES 7 P is for Premium.

Premium have more functionalities and one of the major different is multi-touch capability.

check the readme to get additonal funtionalities.. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.