Re: Clone Dual Monitor Resolutions when they are set different (139 Views)
Occasional Visitor
btrabue_MO
Message 1 of 2 (159 Views)

Clone Dual Monitor Resolutions when they are set different

We are wanting to clone the monitor resolutions on a T610 and push them out via a rule.  We are concerned that when a new image comes out for the T610 and we deploy it that many of the users will lose their resolutions settings if they are not set to the default resolution and they will not know how to set it back up or they will not remember what they were set to. 

The issue here is that we know how to clone the monitor settings but what if the monitors have different resolutions?  I did a test on a couple of monitors that were set to 2 different resolutions and only one of the resolutions were cloned.  I changed the resolutions to something different and when I applied the template to the client both of the monitors were set to the same resolution instead of being 2 different resolutions. 

Can anyone help here?  Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
btrabue_MO
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: Clone Dual Monitor Resolutions when they are set different

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have tried to create a profile.xml and placed it on the FTP server.  The client finds the file and tries to install it but I get the following error.

Downloaded /PersistentProfile/profile.xml from server
cp: cannot create regular file `/etc/localtime': Read-only file system
Error: Profile 'profile.xml' installation failed!
An error has occured during automatic update!
An error has occured during automatic update, please check the log file: /writable/auto-update/log/auto-update.log for details.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation