Re: Capture and deploy T610 OSD image with SCCM PXE (2220 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 1 of 7 (2,313 Views)

Capture and deploy T610 OSD image with SCCM PXE

We use SCCM R3, and i installed the HP imaging plug -in 1.1  I read the documentation, and it should be easy to deploy the standard HP t610 image, downloaded from the HP site..

The problem is that can't pre-configure the SCCM client

So i prefer to capture the image with SCCM..

I know that i need to configure some settings like SCCM client, the FBWF, probably adding NIC drivers to boot image, Administrator autoogon etc..

Is there a manual how to capture and deploy the T610 OS with SCCM???

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 7 (2,276 Views)

Re: Capture and deploy T610 OSD image with SCCM PXE

The Imaging plug-in for HP Thin Clients can only be used to deploy images and has no capture facilities. You can however, capture a custom image using HP Device Manager or ThinState, and then deploy that image using the SCCM plug-in.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 3 of 7 (2,220 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the late reply.

For now we have 2 Thinclients, and i don't want to use another tool like HP Device Manager to capture or deploy images. I like to use SCCM for this.

I found an article to deploy Wyse TC with SCCM, and i'm looking for a similar manual for the T610

https://appservices.wyse.com/supportdownload/WES/Wyse_SCCM-WEDM_Admin_Guide_JAN2012%20.pdf

I like to use PXE for deployment. Is it possible??

I'm looking into thinstate for capturing.. But all the the HP tools create a .IBR file. For SCCM i need a WIM file. So deployment would be only possible with HP plugin tools.. Correct??

Thanx

Steve

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Steve Wouden
Message 4 of 7 (2,185 Views)

I'm in the process of capturing an T610 image with HP thinstate. Only qiestion i have is about the SCCM client. Does thinstate prepare the SCCM client, or do i have to do it manually with CCuDELCert.exe tool??

Thanx

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
cbnorman
Message 5 of 7 (1,601 Views)

is there any update on this. i would like to capture a WIM image to use deploying the thin clients with SCCM 2012, does anyone know the best way to do this?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
cbnorman
Message 6 of 7 (1,595 Views)

I have now captured and deployed a T610 using sccm 2012 R2 mostly by following this guide 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc...

couple of things i missed initially, included in the guide...

during the capture:

You must disable the EWF, reboot then and also stop the service once its back up. i then went on to have problems due to a config manger client was already installed and out of date. i would suggest uninstalling it anyway by using the c:\windows\system32\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall command on the client.

task sequence:

following the guide on creating a fresh task sequence and make sure that the partition is not set to use all the drive but 95% otherwise the install wont complete due to no room for the EWF.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
seizethanight
Message 7 of 7 (1,000 Views)

Just out of curiosity, did you have to use an unattend.xml file in either your Capture or Deployment? 

It seems there may be some conflicts with SCCM Task Sequence Capture/Deployment and the HP Image. 

I'm using a ProBook MT41 and am also intersted in using SCCM for capturing/deploying. 

I can pxe boot and capture/deploy just fine, but it's the fine-tuning of the enabling of Administrator account and other stuff that still seems to be getting overridden by either HP or SCCM. 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation