Re: Can I downgrade the Citrix client on a t510 to v.11.xx? (997 Views)
Occasional Contributor
John Martin Kvalsund
Message 1 of 5 (1,024 Views)

Can I downgrade the Citrix client on a t510 to v.11.xx?

I've been using t5145's running Thinpro for several years. They connect to published applications on WES throug the Citrix Client using preconfigured connections made by me as administrator. I get to select which PA the users can access, and they get a Windows server logon screen when they start the connection.

However, on the t510, the only way to configure the Citrix client, is to enter the URL for the server farm. And then the users has to authenticate in the Thinpro interface, and then get a list of applications from which they must select the one they want. Not an easy task for the common user, since there are about 100 to select from, and the names are not that different...

In addition, the users have to logout in Thinpro as well, after having quit the Windows server connection....

Two questions, actually:

Am I missing something in the way I can configure the t510?

Or can I downgrade the Citrix client to make it behave like the t5145's?

Best regards,

John Martin

Advisor
bpwillia
Message 2 of 5 (1,011 Views)

Re: Can I downgrade the Citrix client on a t510 to v.11.xx?

Are your apps published on a web portal like a CSG? If so, what we do on our t510s is simply set up a kiosk mode web browser connection that points at the portal, where the user logs in and gets their list of published apps. The browser passes the credentials to the Citrix client and launches the app just like if they were on a Windows machine or any other full client.

HP Pro
todd_thinclient
Message 3 of 5 (1,006 Views)

If you downgrade your image to the 4.1 version you will get connections more like what you are used to where there is an older style program neighbourhood connected (ICA connection) and a Xenapp connection which is like what you are seeing right now.

Old image availabe at link below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Alternately if it is always the same published desktop you want added and you are using the newest ThinPro you could simply set it up in the options to auto-launch that desktop for the user and you would change the desktop depending on the connection you created.  we have just released a new image that has improved auto-connect on it.  It is version 4.3.1 available at the link below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

I work for HP
Occasional Contributor
John Martin Kvalsund
Message 4 of 5 (997 Views)

Thanks a lot, I'll download the older image first, and give that a try. 

Best regards,

John Martin

Occasional Visitor
ellechim04
Message 5 of 5 (378 Views)

hello, I am currently using a t520, we are curerntly having the same issue, there is no option to select publish apps when creating a new citrix connection, it just asked for Server URl. is there anything to fix this please?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.