Re: Can I change OS on t510 from Windows Embedded CE to ThinPro? (2446 Views)
Occasional Contributor
John Martin Kvalsund
Message 1 of 6 (2,903 Views)

Can I change OS on t510 from Windows Embedded CE to ThinPro?

I've got som t510's running Windows Embedded CE 6.0, which doesn't suit my purpose that well. Can I change OS to ThinPro on these clients just by "flashing"  a new image to the client, or are there any licensing issues that will prevent this? Do I have to buy ThinPro from somewhere?

Best regards,

John Martin

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 6 (2,885 Views)

Re: Can I change OS on t510 from Windows Embedded CE to ThinPro?

For ThinPro, you shouldn't have any licensing issues. You can just download the image and flash. The image can be downloaded from the Support & Drivers section of hp.com
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Advisor
dibbstibbs
Message 3 of 6 (2,868 Views)

You should be able to flash these without issue to either ThinPro or Smart Zero.  If you wanted to move towards WES7 or another flavor of WES, then the licensing from MS may get a little tricky. 

HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 4 of 6 (2,864 Views)

You can flash one unit with ThinPro for the t510 from hp.com and capture it via HP DM 4.5 SP-2 to deploy it to the other units without issues. It only doesn't work when you want to go to WES 7/8 because of licensing issues.
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Occasional Visitor
DMCC
Message 5 of 6 (2,446 Views)

I have some t510 units that have WES, and I want to change them to ThinPro.  I see that I can download the image.  What is the process?  My apologies, but I am new to the thin client environment.  

Thanks!

HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 6 of 6 (2,218 Views)

When you download the image it comes with a Installation routine on which you can choose deploy to a USB key for example.
When it deploys it on the USB key you can put the key into a Thin Client and boot it from there which flashes your unit to ThinPro. You can do the same to the other units. If you have many units you could flash one unit via the USB key and then capture and deploy this image via HP Device Manager from www.hp.com/go/hpdm
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.