Re: Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values (158 Views)
Valued Contributor
vgernyc
Message 1 of 4 (492 Views)

Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values

I noticed that the latest version of the HP Device Manager can't add/delete/modify "(Default)" registry values.

I tried to add some Citrix Online Plugin values and the main ones I need are called "(Default)" and need them set to "2" so I'm not prmpted what I want to do with Drive Redirection, etc.

What HP Device Manager Does is if I import a Reg file, the (Default) values are renamed to the same name as their parent key and then placed in the root key listed in the reg file.

If I manaually add the (Default) value, then a duplicate is made and the original is left intact.

Please correct this!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gutenxu
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

Re: Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values

Please set the value name to empty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
AmeriAces
Message 3 of 4 (179 Views)

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Build version 4.4.3610.14217.

I am leaving the value name blank and adding the value data I wish to use and instead of keeping the default value it's copying the key name I'm creating the default value for and creating a value with that name in the root key.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
AmeriAces
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)

FYI - The work around I used, in case anyone could use it.

I used a work around by issuing a REG ADD command with the /ve switch which sets the default value for a key.

Example:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidIntranetRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\MicrophoneAndWebcamSecurityPermission" /ve /d 2 /f

Using this command I was able to set the session security for Microphone and Webcam to full access for the Citrix Receiver client on a 32 bit machine.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation