Re: Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values (266 Views)
Valued Contributor
vgernyc
Message 1 of 4 (605 Views)

Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values

I noticed that the latest version of the HP Device Manager can't add/delete/modify "(Default)" registry values.

I tried to add some Citrix Online Plugin values and the main ones I need are called "(Default)" and need them set to "2" so I'm not prmpted what I want to do with Drive Redirection, etc.

What HP Device Manager Does is if I import a Reg file, the (Default) values are renamed to the same name as their parent key and then placed in the root key listed in the reg file.

If I manaually add the (Default) value, then a duplicate is made and the original is left intact.

Please correct this!

Advisor
gutenxu
Message 2 of 4 (443 Views)

Re: Bug in the HP Device Manager applying registry values

Please set the value name to empty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Occasional Collector
AmeriAces
Message 3 of 4 (287 Views)

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Build version 4.4.3610.14217.

I am leaving the value name blank and adding the value data I wish to use and instead of keeping the default value it's copying the key name I'm creating the default value for and creating a value with that name in the root key.

Occasional Collector
AmeriAces
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

FYI - The work around I used, in case anyone could use it.

I used a work around by issuing a REG ADD command with the /ve switch which sets the default value for a key.

Example:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidIntranetRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\MicrophoneAndWebcamSecurityPermission" /ve /d 2 /f

Using this command I was able to set the session security for Microphone and Webcam to full access for the Citrix Receiver client on a 32 bit machine.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.