Re: BIOS management on HP ThinPro (878 Views)
Advisor
stkristobal
Message 1 of 6 (896 Views)

BIOS management on HP ThinPro

I have a bunch of t510 and t610 clients running ThinPro which I'm in need of managing BIOS settings on. Passwords mostly. I read a post here on how to update BIOS versions, which is nice; but I can't find anything on actually managing the BIOS.

This shouldn't be that uncommon. Anyone got any ideas?

HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 2 of 6 (878 Views)

Re: BIOS management on HP ThinPro

The Tool HP Repset is included in the ThinPro image which can be executed with a few commands:
Navigate to cd /usr/share/hp  and run "./hprepset R /tmp/mybiossettings.txt"   to read the BIOS settings
The tool creates the file /tmp/mybiossetting.txt with BIOS values in it
you can edit the file, change whatever you want and write back the settings into the BIOS with
./hprepset W /tmp/mybiossetings.txt then Reboot.
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Occasional Contributor
SmokinJoe
Message 3 of 6 (848 Views)

Robert,

I have to ask...  Why isn't this in the HPDM manual or the ThinPro manual?

If HP is serious they need to get the ThinPro OS documented so we can get this stuff to work fast without going to a forum and asking questions.  I have had numerous calls to HP over the years and 0 documentation on ThinPro.

I think the HP T620 is the best device yet, the T610 has a slow flash drive, I hope they are putting faster ones in the T620 for ThinPro imaging tasks! ;)

Thanks,

Joe

Advisor
stkristobal
Message 4 of 6 (811 Views)

hprepset doesn't seem to do anything. Ran the commands as you said, and it creates the .txt file, but that's empty.

Any ideas?

ESW
Occasional Advisor
ESW
Message 5 of 6 (262 Views)

The same here.

We use the t620 and the txt file is empty.

HPRepSet version 1.11

Advisor
jerwells01
Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)

The hprepset command doesnt work on the T620 series devices, only the T610.

I would reccomend using thinpro 5.0 or 5.1 and using the hptc-bios-cfg tool instead. You can also try booting the device to bios and exporting the settings to usb then run the hp-repset command to import that text file. My success with doing that has been limited though.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.