Audio-Recording Redirection on t5335z (on Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Host) (453 Views)
Advisor
inti
Message 1 of 3 (453 Views)
Accepted Solution

Audio-Recording Redirection on t5335z (on Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Host)

Hi,

I have multiple t5335z as RDP-Clients for a Windows Server 2008 R2 (w. SP1) and want to use Audio-Recording.

On the RDP-Session Host, I have made sure, that Audio Redirection and Recording is enabled and if I connect via RDP on a common Desktop-System with RDP-Client 7, this works without problems.

However, with the t5335z I can only hear Playback (also not very loud although I have the Volume up to 100). If I try to record Audio, I get the Error, that the Device is missing, which is the same error as if I disable Audio-Recording inside a common RDP-Client (or use an older Version).

So does the linux-based RDP-Client inside the t5335 simply not support RDP 7.0 features or may I have an error in my Configuration.

I attached my current profile.xml with all Settings.

I currently use Image-Version Z5D40017. Newest is Z5D40019, but I can't find any release notes with detailed Information to determine, whether this was a known Issue and might have been fixed.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Best Regards,

inti

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
bass ghost
Message 2 of 3 (450 Views)

Re: Audio-Recording Redirection on t5335z (on Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Host)

I dont believe audio recording is supported at this time since it is using regular, rdesktop. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
inti
Message 3 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: Audio-Recording Redirection on t5335z (on Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Host)

Thanks for the Info.

Is I interpret the feature "matrix of rdesktop" currectly (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rdesktop/index.php?title=Main_Page), Audio-Recording is only supported via a special ThinLinc-driver, which is a commercial, linux-based Terminal-Server solution.

Regards,

inti

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation