Rear and front Panel LED status lights (1243 Views)
Super Advisor
Yaroki
Message 3 of 5 (1,243 Views)

Rear and front Panel LED status lights

Hello,

I hold HP-UX C-8000 (B.11.11) machines.

I noticed that 2 of them have an Orange blinking light at the front panel. The HP documentation directs me to the rear panel LED status.

These are the rear panel LED status of the machines:

1. machine A

System Board Warnings- Battery voltage low. Replace the system board battery.

2. machine B

Video Warning - - No video adapter present. Install a video adapter. See installation instructions shipped with the video adapter

Regarding the first warning, should I replace the battery by myself? What would happen if I would not do it?

Regarding the second warning, What is the video adapter? It is possible the machine don't has it at all?

Please advice.

BR,

Yali

Super Advisor
Yaroki
Message 4 of 5 (1,231 Views)

Re: Rear and front Panel LED status lights

Any ideas?

Honored Contributor
Robert_Jewell
Message 5 of 5 (1,222 Views)

Re: Rear and front Panel LED status lights

> Regarding the first warning, should I replace the battery by myself? What would happen if I would not do it?

You can certainly replace it yourself.  Its a standard coin battery, so replacement is straightforward.  A failed battery will likely not keep certain settings such as default boot device settings, etc.  Also the system time will likely be off.

> Regarding the second warning, What is the video adapter? It is possible the machine don't has it at all?

The video adapter is where you would plug in a monitor.  Given this is a workstation, it is expected that there is one present.  It should be in the AGP slot (3).  Its possible it could have been removed, but you can check that easy enough.  If its there, its possible that it has failed.  I would try to simply reseat it (and confirm that its an AGP graphics card as thats the only supported type).

-Bob

Super Advisor
Yaroki
Message 1 of 5 (1,259 Views)

Orange light led is blinking on HP-UX C-8000

Hello,

One of my HP-UX C-8000 machines has a power led blinking Orange.

Usually, it constantly Green light.

Except of that all works fine.

Is that a problem?

If so what its effect on and how can I fix that?

Any log file should tell me more?

BR,

Yali.

Honored Contributor
Robert_Jewell
Message 2 of 5 (1,244 Views)

Re: Orange light led is blinking on HP-UX C-8000

I assume you mean the front panel System Status LED?   This is indicating you have a system "warning".

At the rear of the system are two further sets of LED's  These will help determine what the problem is.  The first set is the Diag LED's, there are four of them.  The second is a set of three LED's.  These are located on the system board and can be viewed through the back panel.

What is the status of the Diag and System Board LED's on the back panel?

-Bob

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.