Re: HP UNIX 10.20 Booting Issue (771 Views)
Regular Visitor
pressyoko
Message 1 of 7 (826 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP UNIX 10.20 Booting Issue

I am having HP Model 715/64 Unix 10.20 work station... It is not booting after the message ISL booting hpux ... blank screen appeared no error message displayed.. kindly suggest me to resolve this problem

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Matti_Kurkela
Message 2 of 7 (816 Views)

Re: HP UNIX 10.20 Booting Issue

In the front panel of the workstation there are 9 LEDs: the power LED and 8 other LEDs that are used as diagnostic LEDs. (When the OS has successfully started, LEDs 1-4 will act as activity indicators.)

Here's the OpenPA.net page for your workstation model.

http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-9000_715.html

It includes a direct link to a Service Handbook for your workstation:

http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/docs/platforms/715_service-handbook.pdf

You'll find the diagnostic LED codes starting from page 56.

MK
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 3 of 7 (811 Views)

Are mouse and keyboard connected?
Is hard disk working/spinning?
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
pressyoko
Message 4 of 7 (795 Views)

Thanks for your service manual... I checked LED codes for model 715/64 but unfortunately there is no error codes matching with actual error displaying on the machine.. After blank screen front LED display shows 4 & 3 on..

I am having same model spare mother board which i replaced with faulty one and tried to boot... Its booting successfully but due to different hostid not able to connect with yokogawa - DCS
software..

Is it possible to change hostid of the hp 715/64 (UNIX 10.20) machine?..If yes means kindly help me to fix this problem...

Pressyoko
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
pressyoko
Message 5 of 7 (794 Views)

Mouse and keyboard are connected and working fine..
I changed spare motherboard and found booting properly hence hard disk also working fine...

Only two solution is possible i think one is i have to repair the faulty motherboard or otherwise i have to change the hostid of spare mother board to match with faulty motherboard..

I referred lot of site to change the hostid but still i am struggling..

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Matti_Kurkela
Message 6 of 7 (777 Views)

Some Model 715's had a removable EEPROM, as described in the Service Handbook. Unfortunately, 715/64 is not one of those.

I guess 715/64 can have its host ID configured through the PDC firmware menus, but you'll need SS_CONFIG, which is a tool that was/is restricted to HP Service Engineers only. I'm afraid you cannot change the host ID on this system board on your own.

MK
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
pressyoko
Message 7 of 7 (771 Views)

Yes, SS_CONFIG tool has been restricted to HP service engineers only....We have contacted HP for support.. Hope they can fix the problem...

Thanks all for your response...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation