01-07-2011 04:09 AM
- no second hp-ux system
- only windows servers and shares mounted via cifs
- no DVD burner in the c8000
- no Tape drive
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-07-2011 06:25 AM
and make backup using tar, cpio or fbackup.
But you will not be able to boot from this backup to restore system like from Ignite-UX backup. To restore system you will need CD or DVD media to install HP-UX and then restore from CIFS server.
01-07-2011 11:35 AM - last edited on 11-10-2011 01:48 PM by Kevin_Paul
A couple of options I can think of, but not sure they will work for you as all involves going beyond your current configuration...
1) Install MirrorDisk/UX and another disk. Mirroring your boot disk will do what you seek. However, MirrorDisk is a licensed product ($$). More info: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayP
2) Reference the following post for information on creating a duplicate boot disk. You will still need another disk drive, but this method does not require a licensed product.
3) If you can, update to HP-UX 11.23 (11iv2). There is a product called Dynamic Root Disk (DRD) which does the above in a much more efficient manner is is easily managed.
01-08-2011 07:48 AM
01-08-2011 11:29 AM
01-09-2011 12:11 PM
You just want to store off the system with ignite, not all of your data. Hopefully that will fix on just one.
01-10-2011 05:34 AM
you also can buy a (best option: identical size and type, else a bigger one) disk and copy all with dd-command. A bigger disk will loose its additional space.
This will copy any bit one by one.
Then store it at a save place.
01-10-2011 05:47 AM
Also the c8000 boots from ide-dvd-drive I don't know how it will handle a ide root disk.
Of course it can work, but I haven't tested it.