Re: not to start window 95 (108 Views)
Occasional Visitor
PICARD_5
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

not to start window 95

HELLO
I've got an old computer: a Compaq Presario 3205c 400 series fax/modem 1994, after made a format c, I installed again window 95A but after few hours and a switch of, it doesn’t walk. When I put in the diskette sawe (made during the installation w95) it says me CMOS CHECKSUM INVALID, DEFAULT VALUES LOAD!! can I apply the HP Netserver e30 - How to Clear CMOS, i looked on the mainboard and found the switch cmos near the switch battery this one has three pins, one alone and two together free, what I do; take the CMOS's jumper on the twin pins free battery, or what else??
thanks to answer me
excuse me of my bad writing but I’m not Englis
Honored Contributor
Ron Kinner
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)

Re: not to start window 95

You probably need a new battery. The battery power keeps the setup info in the CMOS. If the battery is bad and power is off then the CMOS forgets and you get the problem you are having.

You can try simply going into the Bios Setup and then Save and Exit which will correct the problem if the battery is still good.

The jumpers are used to erase the CMOS memory in order to remove a boot password or to clear the CMOS if it won't boot at all. You unplug the PC, then just put a jumper plug over the two pins for 5 seconds and then remove it. Then plug it back up and boot into setup and Save and Exit.

Ron
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.