Re: need help on mac address (75 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Karthik_sg
Message 1 of 4 (75 Views)

need help on mac address

I know the mac address of the pc in the office.So i want to know that, what is the means that i get connected to the office computer.So that i can work from home also.and it has a dynamic ip address that is the reason i am emphasising on mac address.how to get connected to the office pc via internet
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
dcb73
Message 2 of 4 (75 Views)

Re: need help on mac address

You can use a VPN, you can use some thrid party intraweb based software such as "GoToMyPC". You can also sign up for a ddns service, which will then allow you to use a dynamic ip based rdp style solution.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Gasz
Message 3 of 4 (75 Views)

MAC address linkup isnt the preferred method for this... even if the IP is set via DHCP then you should still be able to find it via its PC name.

You can connect via two options:

First would be a direct VPN server, you VPN to this, and from there you can browse for a PC to use (your own one) using its PC name in the Terminal Services window. You log in as normal.

Second would be a GoToMyPC or LogMeIN solution, but these are slower and some businesses block this.

It all depends on your IT infrastructure at work.

Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jillr
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

hi,

Depending on hour your company is setup, but your office network will usually be protected by firewalls etc, and to be able to access it outside the office, your IT section set you up with the permission and supply you with the vpn software, login and password once it has been authorised by your manager.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation