Updates from HP agent (211 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Judy Sees
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)

Updates from HP agent

I have a new HP, but I've been having problems with a program that always seems to be running. The "Updates from HP agent" is always running in my applications (Windows task manager), but I don't know what this is or how to get it to not run automatically. It seems to slow down my computer and even interfers with me shutting down the computer - it doesn't want to shut down because the program is running. I have already tried a number of things to no avail. I have gone into HP software update | settings and turned off "automatically check for updates", but this did not do the trick. Any help from anyone?
Occasional Visitor
Tony McBride
Message 2 of 6 (211 Views)

Re: Updates from HP agent

Sorry, I don't have the answer. I have the same issue and the same question. If you find a solution, I'd sure like to know too please.
Occasional Visitor
Judy Sees
Message 3 of 6 (211 Views)

Try doing a simple: Start | All Programs | Startup, select "Updates from HP" (or something like that) and right click to delete.
Occasional Visitor
Norm Foust
Message 4 of 6 (211 Views)

Did you ever get this problem solved? If you did, please reply so that I can get rid of it as well.

Thanks...
Occasional Visitor
Tony McBride
Message 5 of 6 (211 Views)

I followed Judy's advice (above) and it seems to have made the problem go away (or buried it). Thank you, Judy.
Occasional Visitor
Judy Sees
Message 6 of 6 (211 Views)

You are welcome - I have since had no problems and I am glad to hear that it's worked for you too Tony. Thanks!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.