Re: Pavilion 531w not powering up (73 Views)
Occasional Contributor
PisolAsh
Message 1 of 4 (73 Views)

Pavilion 531w not powering up

I hadnt used the pavalion for a month since I was out of town. Since then when trying to power on the pavalion, the green light on the power supply unit goes on for a second and then nothing happens.
I made the inside dust free and replaced the PSU and even after that I am still getting the same experience. Any ideas what could be happening ?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mark Mears
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: Pavilion 531w not powering up

I have the same prob w/ my 520n Pavilion, except the green light on the power supply comes on when I plug the power back in but not when I press the power button.

What exactly is the green LED an indicator of? Power arriving to the PC, I assume, however, the documentation doesn't tell you.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Elke Hinze
Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)

I am having the same issue and am curious if you guys found a resolution.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)

I suspect that your bios battery may have gone dead. I could not find any error code involving the green light. But to be sure there is online support at the link below. This will IM you right into HP help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=77623〈=en&cc=us&

I any case plaese let us know here wha the outcome is...

Rich

Say thanks with POINTS
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation