Re: My monitor is green - driver issue? DVI-VGA converter issue? (127 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)

My monitor is green - driver issue? DVI-VGA converter issue?

Hello - I just got an HP m9000t computer with DVI capability. My monitor is a Princeton VL1715 (SXGA) monitor. HP sent me a DVI-to-VGA converter, but when I plugged in the monitor, it only shows shades of green. The video card in the computer is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS. After talking to tech support from both HP and Princeton, they have both concluded that they don't know what is wrong and the problem must be due to the other's hardware or drivers. I tried an updated NVIDIA driver yesterday but it didn't fix the color of the screen. I am wondering if it has to do with the DVI-VGA converter. If so, which converter is needed? If it is a driver, which driver is needed? Any feedback would be great! Thanks!
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (127 Views)

Re: My monitor is green - driver issue? DVI-VGA converter issue?

Try changing the sync-on-green setting provided that the monitor has that kind of setting.

I do not reply to forumers who 1) consistently don't assign points, 2) ask for step-by-step instructions for a topic but appear to have no IT experience and make no effort to learn. Some exceptions for newcomers and special topics.
Respected Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

This LCD monitor supports XGA resolutions
(1280x1024).

If you attach another LCD monitor
to the PC (using the DVI to VGA dongle), does it work? That's the quickest way
to determine if it's the card or the monitor. Trying the card's DVI to an LCD's DVI would help determine if it's a dongle issue. Any bent pins in the cable or
dongle?

Can you actually see the screen in shades of green (as in things are there, just green)? Can you get the LCD's On Screen Display Information menu to come up?
That will tell you if the PC is set for
1280x1024. If not, try booting
into safe mode to see if things work....

Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)

I have the same issue... except it flickers in and out of shades of green-- and it just started out of the blue. Nothing has been installed or upgraded. I'm thinking that my monitor has just gone bad after 4 years of use. I've tried to download the driver for the monitor... but the install hasn't been working. There is a missing file or something.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.