HP Pavilion 8655C - How to remove Drive Bays (174 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Michael Harn
Message 1 of 4 (174 Views)

HP Pavilion 8655C - How to remove Drive Bays

The 8655C shipped with only a 64MB stick of RAM. I need to add a 128MB stick of RAM. The drive bays are in the way. I can not figure out how to remove the drive bays to gain access to the motherboard. Also, does anyone know if I will need a BIOS upgrade to see the additional stick of RAM?

Thanks,
Mike
Occasional Visitor
Michael Harn
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 8655C - How to remove Drive Bays

Well, I finally ran accross the webpage that gives the instructions. I am not sure why HP makes the cases so hard to access that you need instructions on the web...but here it is for anyone else:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph05315&prodId=hppavilion20370&cc...
Honored Contributor
Ramesh Pakkath
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

Hi Mike,

The following link has complete details on removing the drive bay. Actually this document is about replacing a new hard drive but you can use the same instructions to remove the drive bay. A video clip is also included. Hope this helps.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&plc=&lc=en&cc=us&cat=setup&prodId=hppavilion20370&d...

Ramesh Pakkath.
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"
Occasional Visitor
Michael Harn
Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but my own reply I posted shortly after had the corect link already. The link you sent does not apply to the 8655C model. Once again, HP seems to change their case designs too much and makes them not very intuitive. Anyway, thanks for the post, but I figured it out myself.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.