Resource Conflict--PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00. (1876 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 1 of 17 (1,876 Views)
Accepted Solution

Resource Conflict--PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00.

Error Code: Resource Conflict--PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00. I ran HP Sys. Health Scan and it stated under 'Suggustions for Optimizing' PCI Device has a problem...under 'more info.' it stated ' the drivers for this device are not installed.

When does this problem occur and what are the carious troubleshooting steps I could try?
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Pat
Message 2 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Re: Resource Conflict--PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00.

Chaitanya,

Are you getting a Code message?

The problem could be bad hardware, or a new driver might be needed. Devices stay in this state if they have been prepared for removal. This error code can be set if a driver's DriverEntry routine detects a device but the DriverEntry routine later fails. (For Windows XP and later, DriverEntry problems have separate error codes.)

Steps to follow:

Install drivers. If the device still does not work, remove the device from Device Manager, and then run the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard.

Pat
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 3 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Re: Resource Conflict--PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00.

Tell us how this happened, please. New install? New OS? Rebuild after a crash?

Give us the system and/or motherboard manufacturer/model info.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 4 of 17 (1,876 Views)

I've helped with uninstall and rerinstall of this entry in device manager. This issue occurred for a ZV5000 laptop which was not used for a long period(2 months). All HP updates installed and all the MS updates too. Not sure of when this error comes. Please help. This entry fpr PCI is under system entry of device manager for notebooks. OS is XP SP2.

Will be waiting,
Thanks for any help.
Chaitanya
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 5 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Would like to add that the error is under device manager. Got exact error code I gave initially after doing HP System check. Which component of computer is related to PCI Network Controller on Motherboard Bus:02, Device: 06, Function: 00.? Also, what causes this issue to occur? I need in-depth explaination with all hardware details on the issue. Please check and help is possible.

Have a nice day,
Chaitanya
Honored Contributor
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Message 6 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Hi
Let see on the attachmen.
As my experience, this error happen when you install for a new device!
In normal case, windows will assign all of the Resource automaticaly for example: memory range, IO range, IRQ range. But in some case, conflict happen....
To fix this trouble, just change the IRQ to a value that no conflict.
This error may cause unknow error with you OS because sometime the I/O was conflict for example it may hang etc.....

Regard,
HoangChiCong
Looking for a special chance.......
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 7 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Chaitanya:

There are 45 ZV5000 submodels:

http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

Could you be more specific? Thanks!

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Honored Contributor
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Message 8 of 17 (1,876 Views)

A bit quick to press submit....Forgot the attchement....
Looking for a special chance.......
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 9 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Chaitanya:

BTW, here's how to check your model information:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=385148〈=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108

Do you own/use a docking station with this notebook? Does it fail both in and out of docking station? Have you installed WINXP SP1? SP2? Have you added memory?? Are you using any kind of voltage adapter not made by HP/Compaq?

Try Power Off, then remove/disconnect everything that can be removed (media sticks, USB devices, external devices, etc.). Now power up and see if problem persists.

This seems like a long shot but you may want to consider downloading/installing upgrades from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en〈=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=385148&os=228

especially Drivers, OS Enhancements and QFEs, and BIOS upgrades.

Roger

Make a great day!

Roger
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Pat
Message 10 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Does the system hang as Jimkery said? Have you updated bios as Roger said?

Exactly what symptoms have you seen of the conflict?

Bios may be reporting the resources for the device incorrectly - update bios.

You might also try update driver option through device manager

make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

Or, you can click scan for hardware changes

Have you tried using the Troubleshooter?

Pat
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 11 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Chaitanya:

Could you give us an update?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 12 of 17 (1,876 Views)

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding. I do not have any other additional information on this issue. I was trying to help my customer who had this issue and thought to discuss here so that it could help any one in future. So, all I need is additional explaination of the error message and when does it occur and the best way to resolve it.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!

Have a nice day,
Chaitanya
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 13 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Chaitanya:

You still haven't given us specific model info...please.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Occasional Visitor
Paul Semmer
Message 14 of 17 (1,876 Views)

I'm getting the exact same error. Just started yesterday. It happened after I opened up the case of my Presario 2700. It is definitely hardware-related and has nothing to do with Windows. I put a hard drive with Linux installed into the PC and I still got the error on occasion. The confusing part is that it doesn't happen all the time, just on occasional reboots. Since yesterday I am now having issues with the keyboard, touchpad and PCMCIA cards. Could possibly be something became unseated and needs to be reseated. I'll probably open the machine up again today.

I'll let everyone know if I have any success.

Paul
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 15 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Sorry the model information is: ZV5220US
Occasional Visitor
Paul Semmer
Message 16 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Okay, I took apart my 2700 and I think the PCI bus card might have come unseated when I tried to take apart the machine yesterday. I reseated the card and while I was in there, put some BJ Weld on 2 CPU hold-down screws that had come unsoldered from the motherboard. I put the machine back together and started a fresh Windows XP install (was going to anyway). I haven't gotten the Resource Conflict error so far (knocking on wood). I did get a BSOD while installing XP the first time but a subsequent install went okay. I'm installing SP2 right now. The keyboard and touchpad are working okay as well.

Try reseating the PCI bus card. That could be the issue.

Paul
Frequent Advisor
Chaitanya_6
Message 17 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Thank you Paul, that resolved the issue. Thank you for all others efforts too in helping me with the issue.

Have a nice day,
Chaitanya
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.