How to show battery time remaining instead of percentage (154 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Saurabh Srivastava
Message 1 of 5 (154 Views)

How to show battery time remaining instead of percentage

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion dv2002tu. Its core solo 1.86Ghz with 1GB RAM. the battery indicator in the taskbar shows percentage of the battery remaining. How can I get remaining time in place of percentage. There are no system enhancements available for my system. I am running Windows XP home. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Saurabh.
Honored Contributor
Perignon
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

Re: How to show battery time remaining instead of percentage

Hi Sauragh,

This would mean that the average power-drainage of your laptop can be measured at the same time and compared to the capacity of the battery in real-time. Not sure such sophisticated device ever exists on the computers market at the moment.

Cheers
Alain
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Occasional Visitor
Saurabh Srivastava
Message 3 of 5 (154 Views)

Hi Alian,

Thanks for the response. Well the problem I am facing is a slight different from what I believe you understood. I get the percentage of the battery remaining on my taskbar, but i dont get the "time remaining" on the taskbar. How can I get the "time remaining" in place of percentage remaining???

Thanks
Saurabh
Honored Contributor
Perignon
Message 4 of 5 (154 Views)

Saurabh,

I understood you are willing to read how long this will take before the battery gets empty instead of reading which percentage of capacity is left.

If this is the sense of your question, my answer keeps valid. The system cannot calculate that time because it mostly depends on the power (P=UxI) necessary to the computer which, by the way, would vary with the type and number of programs you run.

Alain
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Occasional Visitor
Saurabh Srivastava
Message 5 of 5 (154 Views)

Thanks a lot Alian...

I understand there is no way the system can calculate remaining time. But at the same time, I was wondering how can I get to know how much the battery would last. I have another machine HP nx6120 which shows the time remaining instead of the percentage. I was wondering if its because of the BIOS or a setting in XP...
Anyways, I appreciate your time and all your inputs. thanks once again

Rgds
Saurabh.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.