HP Wireless Assistant Not Supported on This Machine (1625 Views)
Occasional Visitor
LisaBee
Message 1 of 4 (1,625 Views)

HP Wireless Assistant Not Supported on This Machine

I have been receiving an error message everytime I turn on my laptop (V2310CA). I've tried to unintall it in Add/Remove Programs, but I receive another error message "Unhandled Exception. Error Number: 0x80040707. Description: DLL Function Call Crashed: HPQNT.hpqlsHPFamily. Setup will terminate." Also, when I try to download updates from Help and Support I receive the same message. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Everytime works fine...
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 2 of 4 (1,625 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Assistant Not Supported on This Machine

Hi:

I would try installing this version of HP Wireless Assistant. That may clear up your problem (or give you a message that'll direct you to a solution).

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Occasional Visitor
sivareddy0408
Message 3 of 4 (1,625 Views)

"Unhandled Exception. Error Number: 0x80040707. Description: DLL Function Call Crashed: HPQNT.hpqlsHPFamily. Setup will terminate." message is releated to Quicklaunch driver. It won't let you to install or uninstall the Quicklaunch software. Some of the Quicklaunch services might be loaded in the Startup(Msconfig) or uninstall files might be corrupted. First try to remove all Startuup items, restart the Notebook and then check for the issue. If the issue persists then you have to uninstall the Quicklaunch program from registry. After that it will allow you to install the Quicklaunch software once again
Honored Contributor
Roger Faucher
Message 4 of 4 (1,625 Views)

Sorry, I just noticed I neglected to insert the location. Here it is (for Version 2.00.C):

http://tinyurl.com/yye9fc

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.