HP Record Now problems... how do I reinstall? (91 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Dixie Sampson
Message 1 of 8 (91 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Record Now problems... how do I reinstall?

I'm a home PC user running a HP Pavilion 760n. I have a CD writer and a DVD drive. I recently tried to burn a CD, and when I opened HP Record Now, I got a pop up message saying "Missing resource files" and it wouldn't open. I tried using MusicMatch Jukebox 10 to burn it, and it kept coming up with unknown errors. Is there something wrong with my CD Writer? How can I reinstall Record Now? I've found numerous articles on uninstalling it, but I definitely don't want to do that, and I am not interested in buying a new burning program. Can anyone help me?
Honored Contributor
Ron Kinner
Message 2 of 8 (91 Views)

Re: HP Record Now problems... how do I reinstall?

Don't reinstall. With XP all you have to do is use System Restore to go back to a time when it worked:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=101189&redir=1

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/windowsxpsystemrestore.asp

Ron
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 3 of 8 (91 Views)

Start,All Programs,HP Tools,Application Recovery will reinstall it.

There also is an update for RecordNow on the software pages for your model.
http://tinyurl.com/3z7w5
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Valued Contributor
John Sutherland_1
Message 4 of 8 (91 Views)

Valued Contributor
John Sutherland_1
Message 5 of 8 (91 Views)

If the RecordNow is not listed in your programs the install should work. I just checked my own version and it is 3.5. Also readthe following about using the CD-RW.
I would think uour version of CD Writer is probably current, However older versions required new software when Ms XP was installed.
Using:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=lpg40850

John
Occasional Contributor
Dixie Sampson
Message 6 of 8 (91 Views)

Thank you for all of your help... I'm scared of system restore. The last time I ran it, all of my pictures got deleted, and I could never get them back. So I'd really rather not use restore. Thanks a lot though! I'm going to try the update and see how that goes.
Valued Contributor
John Sutherland_1
Message 7 of 8 (91 Views)

SYSTEM RESTORE is the greatest.
Someone else may able to confirm this following.
I have tried setting a restore point before a download and then had the Restore Point fail. I believe whether it is right or not that in order to set the restore point my computer has to be restarted. If this is true, I should set a restore point, restart computer, then do my questionable download, or whatever doubtful task I am about to try.

Really System restore has saved me many times.
good luck
John
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 8 of 8 (91 Views)

Re-installing RecordNow via Start,All Programs,Application Recovery is not a system restore.It will merely re-install RecordNow for you.It will not change anything else on your machine.
I have used it many times on pcs here and others.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.