Re: HP 1510 all-in-one (124 Views)
Occasional Visitor
William Turk
Message 1 of 6 (124 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 1510 all-in-one

My son is having problems with windows XP and has had to re-install 3 times in the past 3 months. He believes it could have something to do with the printer. Does anyone know of any compatability problems between windows xp and the HP1510
Frequent Advisor
Shijo
Message 2 of 6 (124 Views)

Re: HP 1510 all-in-one

Hi William,

There would not be any issues with a printer that can cause problems with your windows XP. But please do let me know if the drivers that are being installed for the printer is compatible with XP. Also u need to give some more info regarding the exact problems u r facing with the computer so that we can come up with an acccurate diagnosis.

Regards,
Shijo
You are only limited by the boundaries that you yoursefl put up.
Esteemed Contributor
Jules
Message 3 of 6 (124 Views)

There was a problem with the HP printer software "Share to Web" (which installs with the printer install)a few months ago. It affected things like 'save as', and Windows Explorer.
When you son reinstalls Win XP he must get ALL the critical updates as a 'fix' for this problem came out shortly afterwards.
When you re-install all your previous Windows updates need to be reinstalled, particularly if you have Win XP with no service packs on it or even Service pack 1. The latest Win XP Operating system installation disks have Service pack 2.
An update disk for critical updates is available from Microsoft for the asking. Another way to get all the updates quickly, rather than wait for them to be downloaded bit by bit, is to visit the Microsoft update site. You will find the link to it in START > PROGRAMS > WINDOWS UPDATE. Your windows software licence will need to be validated before it will let you download the updates.
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
Honored Contributor
Perignon
Message 4 of 6 (124 Views)

Hi William,

I understand that nuisances with "all in one" stuff is not that uncommon. I'd therefore suggest that Win XP and SP2 + all recent updates be installed without that peripheral connected.

Once done, see whether or not you can find a better driver and install it manually. Seems that installing the driver first can troubleshoot most problem. Finally install the control panel software and connect the printer/scanner.

Alain

Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Esteemed Contributor
Gary Cooper_1
Message 5 of 6 (124 Views)

Hi William,

Why does he suspect the printer? What are the symptoms? (He is keeping up-to-date with his Windows Updates & anti-virus updates isn't he?)

Regards,

Gary
Esteemed Contributor
Jules
Message 6 of 6 (124 Views)

Yes - Perignon is correct. I looked at my post and I hadn't said to get ALL the Windows updates FIRST beforeyou install the printer.
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.