Blue Screen Crash with Windows XP Media Center Edition (249 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tina McFaddin
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)

Blue Screen Crash with Windows XP Media Center Edition

I got the dreaded C000021a error after a power outage. Unable to do a last good configuation or get into safe mode. Found out that my recovery disk 1 is corrupt, so that is not an option. I purchased Windows XP to try and do a repair of the Start-up, which I think is the problem. Does anyone know if I can repair Media Center XP with Windows Home XP? I am getting desperate.....
Thanks for any help
Regular Advisor
Richard.Brown
Message 2 of 4 (249 Views)

Re: Blue Screen Crash with Windows XP Media Center Edition

You should be able to boot from the XP disk to get to the recovery console, then try running a chkdsk
Occasional Visitor
LJP_2
Message 3 of 4 (249 Views)

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO, I DON'T HAVE THE DISC BECAUSE IT COME WITH THE COMPUTER, HOW DO I FIX IT THANKS
Occasional Visitor
whatnot
Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)

I have been having but problems with my HP computer. The company quit manufacturing the model m470n model shortly after I bought it on sale at Best Buy in 2004. It crashed on me twice and the monitor which they also quit making the f1703 model keeps going off on me every once in awhile. I have to turn it on and off several times to get it to work. I purchased my computer with the Windows XP Media Edition 2005 installed; but Best Buy didn't give me the software to go with it. I found this out after the OS crashed on me and my back up disks refuse to work. I have the regular Windows XP installed on my computer; but it's not what I bought. I asked for support from HP and Best Buy; but Best Buy said I have to pay for the fixes and HP never responded.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.