}
PCI Communication Device (8 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 1 (8 Views)

PCI Communication Device

I'm working on a compaq presario 1270. I has a PCI resource conflict which I have been unable to resolve (http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1169813)

I finally was able to bypass the BIOS error by restarting the computer several times and holding down the DEL key to get the option to press F1 to enter the OS. However, when I start up the computer and Win98 OS loads it ask for drivers for PCI Communication Device. I found that the modem in device manager was not installed so I updated the driver via the compaq website. Device manager reads the modem as working fine however, I still get the PCI Communication Device drive wants to load. I try to cancel it and it requires me to cancel it 5 times before loading the OS.

In addition, there is an Iomega drive that is not attached, so that is listed in the device manager as not working. I disabled that and the dial up adapter, but still get the PCI resource error in BIOS and the PCI Communication device driver request.

Any ideas?

Thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.