Worried about purchase of HP Desktop with Windows 8 (140 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Skybeam
Message 1 of 2 (140 Views)

Worried about purchase of HP Desktop with Windows 8

I have been using my Dell PC under XP for 10 years with Office 2003. It has now become very slow. I purchased an iPad, 3 months ago and am very impressed by speed, therefore considered purchasing a Mac mini, but particularly liked the value for money spec on the Pavillion 500-137ea.

However, since placing my order I have seen lots of bad reviews for Windows 8, including on this Forum regarding system crashes. Under the Distance Selling regulations I have 14 days, if not happy. Should I cancel my Order and purchase an Apple as their OS is superb?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards

Skybeam

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
MaxJ
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Worried about purchase of HP Desktop with Windows 8

The latest version of Windows is 8.1; it is a very stable operating system with very little crashes , I think it is a more appealing and entertaining OS than XP. With regards to speed, it is all depends on the app you are running and the spec of your machine. Given all factors the same, I think 8.1 is faster than XP.

Finally, windows 8.1 it is designed with touch in mind since their desktop has a lots of applications that enable touch so from a user perspective it all depends if you are a mouse or touch individual.

comparing windows 8.1 and apple devices is a hard topic; it all depends on your preferences and price point. I think their Windoes Pro device are better than an IPad because they are full computer whereas with the IPad you get a browser, media player, and book reader. With the windows you get all the stuff you are used in a laptop.

So in the end, it all depends on what you want out of your device. Do you want to use it for entertainment only or to have a hybrid of laptop and table.

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation