Windows 8 support for the HP Connection Manager (7525 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Raymond P.L. Comvalius
Message 1 of 4 (7,525 Views)

Windows 8 support for the HP Connection Manager

I am succesfully running Windows 8 on my Elitebook 8560w

I can connect to the Internet with the hs2340 WWAN card from the connection manager, but it doesn't seem to play with the connection shown in the list of wireless connections from the OS.

Sometimes after a period of sleep the Connect button disappears from the HP Connection Manager UI.

When will the fully compatible version of the HP Connection Manager be released?

I am currently running version 4.4.10.1.

HP Pro
Mister_Do
Message 2 of 4 (7,514 Views)

Re: Windows 8 support for the HP Connection Manager

Hi Raymond P.L. Comvalius,

I'm not sure if/when HP will have an updated version of Connection Manager. You could unistall Connection Manager and let Windows 8 manage the wireless connections.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Occasional Visitor
tigerwizards
Message 3 of 4 (6,914 Views)

I uninstalled the Hp Connection Manager today. It has not failed in now 10 hours. I may be fixed by clearing it out with an uninstall and then on restarting the PC, installing again.

Let's see how long it holds before there is a problem.

Brenda (TigerWizard)

Occasional Visitor
Champ01
Message 4 of 4 (784 Views)

Nach der Installation (von Win 7pro) auf Win 8 pro habe ich ständig Fehlemeldungen. Gibt es ein entsr. Update bzw. eine andere Versin für Win 8 ???

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.