Re: Slow internet speed (through wireless) with Windows 8 (226 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Hardmaaster
Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Slow internet speed (through wireless) with Windows 8

Hello!

I own a ProBook 4530s notebook. I have installed a legal licensed Windows 8 Professional (x64) and I have installed the latest drivers for Windows 8 (x64) from the HP software & deivers page.

Everything is OK but the Internet speed. The internet speed is normal if I use direct connection through the cable. But when I connect through a wireless router the speed is extremely slow, almost 10 times slower. I was with Windows 7 untill yesterday and I didn't have any problem with it.

HP Pro
Mister_Do
Message 2 of 4 (435 Views)

Re: Slow internet speed (through wireless) with Windows 8

Hi Hardmaaster,

If the only change is the OS, I'm thinking it's a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Occasional Visitor
Hardmaaster
Message 3 of 4 (426 Views)

Yes, the only change is the OS. But I have tried reinstalling the driver, it didn't help. I think that the drivers should be fixed and updated on the drivers downloads page. I will say again that the problem is onnly present when I am connected through wi-fi.

Occasional Advisor
Shelldrake
Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)

Hi, I have a Revolve Elite 810 and much the same issue.  Another laptop on my network will constantly ahieve wirelss speeds of 80- 90Mbs/sec.  My HP, sitting right next it, can only manage a very dismall (almost non existant) 1 - 1.5Mb/sec!!!!!! Signal strength is strong on both laptops and even if move the Samsung 60m away, it still achieves over 50x faster than the HP.

What's going on with HP Drivers and/or hardware?  Win 8.1 OS tells me I have the latest driver installed.  It's hard to determine the correct driver from the support website, but I've manually upgraded everthing that looks like it could be associated with networks or wireless transmission.

Anyone have an ideas on how to increase wireless network speed?

Thanks

W.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.