Re: Problem with HP 620 Webcam driver under Windows 8.1 Pro (1238 Views)
Occasional Visitor
achraf52
Message 1 of 2 (1,342 Views)

Problem with HP 620 Webcam driver under Windows 8.1 Pro

My HP Chicony 2 MP Laptop Webcam does not work on Windows 8.1 Pro, so what should I do ?

My notebook is an HP 620 one, product number WK438EA#B1S as defined in the HP Support Assistant utility.

The Webcam was working under Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8 Pro, once I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro, it stopped working, the White LED lights up but I get a blank image, so what should I do ?

Advisor
newbiee
Message 2 of 2 (1,238 Views)

Re: Problem with HP 620 Webcam driver under Windows 8.1 Pro

Well if this problem relates to windows 8.1 i reccomend trying to install the driver using compatability mode or go to the driver manager, it should have a yellow >/!\, and chose update driver there you should try win update or auto install it but if that don't work manually choose the location of it if the driver is a .EXE or .MSI you may need to extract that first then choose that extracted location it might work or downgrade it to win 8 it seems driver manufactures didn't have the time to update the drivers for a fully compatible driver for win 8.1 my laptop probook 4540s video driver isn't working completely either!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.